Today I’m happy to share a guest post from my wonderful featured sponsor, Jessica! I have only recently discovered her blog and I am already totally hooked on her writing style and pretty pictures! Make sure to check out her blog, and all of the items on her summer must-haves list below!!
Hi, all! I’m Jessica from PEONY. I’m so excited to be here on Stephanie’s wonderful blog and to share my summer must-haves with Take Hart readers!
1. I always dress fairly simple during the summer – Basic cut-offs and tank tops or sun dresses. Fun bracelets that I can keep on are my favorite way to not feel so frumpy. This southwestern cuff from Madewell is perfect for that.
2. I used to be all about designer sunglasses, then I realized they were destined to be lost or broken by August. Now, I go for cheapies and have been loving these cat-eyes sunnies from Forever 21.
3. The sun is fantastic, but it will ruin your skin. I use this every day to keep my skin from looking like leather 20 years from now. A lot of daily moisturizers are only SPF 15, but I really sugest finding one that’s SPF 30.
4. Regardless of wether or not we have SPF on, the sun can still dry out the skin on our face like no other. Before bed and after cleansing I love to use h20 Night Oasis gel to hydrate my skin. The link I provided is to the h20 site, but I’ll let you in on a little secret… I see it at T. J. Maxx for more than half the price all the time!
5. Okay, so we’ve all heard of Rosebud Salve and most of us love it. You know what’s even better? The Rosebud Minted Lip Balm. The mint makes it feel so refreshing and it’s in a tube so no dipping your dirty finger in a tub of salve! Ew.
6. During summer I’m all about a good canvas tote. They’re great for going to the beach, pool or wherever and throwing in all of your must-haves. I’m a sucker for anything animal print, so I fell in love with the Bibliotheque Bounce Tote from ModCloth. I mean, yellow bunnies? C’mon…
7. ICED TEA! Iced tea is my go-to on hot days. I stick three of four lipton black tea bags in a pitcher of warm water and leave it in the sun all day. Once it’s done, I take out the tea bags and place it in the fridge. The tea pictured is muddled with fresh strawberries and so tasty.
8. I have naturally light hair, and even without the sun the dark dye fades from it at ridiculous speeds. Add the sun into the mix and my rich brown become a dull, terrible strawberry blonde in no time. I’m an Aveda junkie and their hair sunscreen is by far the best I’ve used. It doesn’t make it greasy and protects my color!
Thanks so much, Jessica, for taking care of my lovely readers while I’m away!!