**This blog post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.I have a few favorite lip products that I’ve just been dying to share with y’all! I like a little bit of variety when it comes to my lip color – glossy, matte, bright, subtle! I want it all! These are my go to lip products for Spring and Summer. Make sure to check out the swatches at the bottom of this post to really get a feel for what all of the colors look like….
I’ve been desperately wanting a vanity table for our bedroom over the last few months but haven’t wanted to shell out the couple hundred dollars that I knew it would take to find a decent one. Nor have I had the time to even look! I’ve always stood at the bathroom sink to do my makeup and hair and therefore my bathroom sink always looks like an explosion of makeup, hair products, heat styling tools, brushes, combs, perfumes, nail polishes, etc. Completely out of control. Out of space and out of energy to continue standing at the sink every morning (thanks so much pregnancy), I decided that I had to find a vanity table STAT.
About a week ago while I was sitting on my couch thinking about my ideas for the nursery I started contemplating what to do with the office furniture. And then a light bulb came on. I had a desk that I needed to relocate, a mirror sitting in a closet downstairs, and a stool sitting in the corner of the living room collecting dust.
I’m planning on replacing the drawer pulls and painting the mirror. All of the furniture in our bedroom is very mix and match so eventually I’d like to paint our bed frame, dresser, and bedside tables all white. Or pick one piece to paint a bold bright color. We also desperately need to paint the walls a different color and I’d like to replace the stool all together with a new chair (maybe this one?) as it’s too tall for the desk and I can’t scoot forward to look in the mirror comfortably.
1. Jhirmack Silver Brightening Shampoo: This purple shampoo has worked perfectly to remove the brassy/yellow tones from my hair. It smells great and it’s unbelievably cheap too! I think I picked this up for around $5 at Walgreens.
2. Organix – Intense Moisturizing Treatment Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil: I have been using this hair treatment throughout the entire red to blonde process. If I don’t have time to sit down for 15-20 minutes with my hair up in a shower cap/wrapped in a hot towel I will just use it like a regular conditioner and leave it on for 3-4 minutes in the shower. It has worked wonders for keeping my hair healthy!
3. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo: I have been an advocate of dry shampoo for a long time now. I used Tresemme for a year or so and liked it well enough but I decided to give the Not Your Mother’s brand a try after loving another of their products that Influenster sent to me. I am so glad I gave this product a shot because it works better at freshening up my hair between washings, it smells amazing, and I’m pretty sure it’s cheaper! This stuff saves me so much time because I only have to wash my hair two or three times a week.
4. Not Your Mother’s She’s A Tease Volumizing Hairspray: As you can see, I’m pretty fond of this brand. Their hair spray is a brand new favorite of mine as I only picked this one up last week. It’s also cheaper than the Tresemme version I was using previously. So far I’m a big fan! It has just enough hold but doesn’t weigh down my hair at all.
5. Rusk Deepshine Oil Protective Oil Treatment: See the tiny little orange bottle in the picture? You probably almost missed it but it’s there! My hair stylist gave me a sample of this months ago. You can see how tiny it is and I still have plenty left – you don’t need to use much! I just put my finger on the end, turn it over, and that’s all I need. I rub it into the ends of my damp hair after I’ve combed it out – making sure not to run the comb back through my roots with the oily product on it. This has definitely helped to keep any frizzy ends healthy and happy.
6. Garnier Silky Secret Leave-In Daily Care Conditioner: After I dry my hair with a towel I spritz a little of this all over it and comb it out. It gets rid of all of the tangles and makes it super soft. When I had insanely long hair this stuff was a must have! It cut down a lot on the time it would take to comb out my hair and on the amount of hair I would rip out trying! I still love using it on the shorter cut. I can tell it makes a difference in how it lays when I blow dry it.
Have you tried any of these products? Let me know if you decide to pick any of them up – I’d love to hear how they worked for you! Also, feel free to tell me about any of the products you’re currently loving. If it smells good and doesn’t cost a ton of money – I’ll definitely be likely to try it! ;]