1. HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet – Essentia Series, Honeycomb: I wasn’t sure if this basinet was going to work out for us at first. Landon had a tough time sleeping flat because of his reflux. So we modified it a bit by putting a book under a leg to raise it on an incline. We also took the vibrating box from the pack n play and put it in the outside pocket on the end of the basinet. The incline and the vibration together made it absolutely perfect for us. I do think that there is a model that vibrates and plays music – but that wasn’t the one I registered for! I absolutely love that it feels like he is right there in the bed with us but yet he has his own space. I am able to pick him up to feed him in the middle of the night without ever leaving the bed. The mesh sides are great – he likes to scoot as close to me as possible and I don’t have to worry about him not being able to breathe when he smooches his face against them. I can also see him without sitting up. The mattress pad is durable and comes with a removable sheet. We bought a few extras of course! Overall, we really like this bassinet. It’s a little pricey but I think it’s worth it to have him at arms reach at night time. It’s pretty big and heavy though – so don’t expect to move it around!
2. Lollypop Muslin Swaddle Blankets: I cannot sing enough praises for these light weight swaddle blankets. They are the only swaddle blanket we’ve found that our ninja baby can’t break out of in the middle of the night. Plus they are made of a super breathable cotton material that keeps him just warm enough without being too hot. They’re large enough to also be used for a nursing cover and again the light weight material is great during this time of year. He has to be swaddled in the bassinet in order to fall asleep so these are a must have for us!
3. Kaydee Baby Bandana Bibs: Y’all know I’m all about my baby looking good! These bibs are so cute and functional. He spits up a lot with his reflux so I was changing his outfit constantly because he would soak himself. Now I just let him wear one of these and change it when I need to! They have a soft lining on the bottom that keeps him nice and dry. Love, love, love them!
4. Moby Baby Wrap: I’ve seen just about a million different wraps online. I’ve only tried this one so I can’t compare it to anything else – but I’m a little bit obsessed with baby wearing now because of it! It has the perfect stretch for a newborn and I feel like it’s very easy to learn how to use. The only issue I’ve found is that it isn’t very breathable so it can get pretty hot to wear baby out and about in the summer heat. But this thing is a life saver. If I need to get house work done I can just put him in it and go. He sleeps and stays content for hours! I’ve even nursed him in it while vacuuming!
5. Mamas & Papas Sola Stroller: This stroller is wonderful. Aside from the fact that it’s gorgeous and I feel like a million bucks when I’m pushing Landon around in it – it’s easy to fold, easy to open, can be turned to have baby face you while riding, glides/turns effortlessly and there’s enough space in the bottom for our giant diaper bag! The only thing I don’t love is that it doesn’t have cup holders. We can easily buy some to attach but I do feel that a stroller regularly priced at around $400 should come with some dang cup holders. This was a gift though and was bought heavily clearanced, so I am not complaining! The only real issue we had was that the adapter we got for our Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 carseat wouldn’t work with it. But thankfully it lays back to accommodate a newborn riding in it so it isn’t a huge inconvenience. We will be able to use this stroller for years! This particular one is discontinued but there is a newer version out called the Sola 2 (linked). I do love that there is a carrycot that you can buy separately as well. If we lived in a bigger city where we would walk a lot more places it definitely would’ve made since to invest in that. But we don’t and the cute factor didn’t justify the price tag for me!
6. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Night Pacifier: We received a soothie pacifier from the hospital that Landon absolutely loved but unfortunately it didn’t really contour to his face so he couldn’t keep it in his mouth on his own. I bought other pacifiers and he wouldn’t take them because they weren’t the same nipple style as the soothie. Thankfully my Sister-in-law found these for us and he really likes them! He can keep them in his mouth on his own and they’re super cute!
7. 4Moms Rockaroo Swing: Last but not least, the 4Moms Rockaroo. I’m sure most of you moms and moms-to-be have seen this thing all over blogs, Instagram, in stores, etc. It’s pretty popular! We were given this swing as a gift and it has truly been a wonderful gadget to have. Landon slept in it when we first came home from the hospital. We slept downstairs the first few nights while we got our bearings and he slept in it between feedings. He’s continued to take naps in it and we let him hang out there whenever we need to put him down. We use it daily! He’s pretty content for about 10 minutes when he’s awake and then he’s over it. Overall, we really like this swing but after using it I’m not sure it’s better than some of the other swings out there with cheaper price tags. But!! I do love that it doesn’t take up a lot of space, it has a deep seat that makes me feel like he is very secure, the cover is easily removable/washable and it’s just … pretty! I mean – if you’re going to have kid stuff everywhere at least you can pick something that is nice to look at. ;]
Are there any must have products you’ve found for your kiddos around this age? Share!!!