Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeandCleanLiving #CollectiveBias
We have two purr-fect rescue cats! Fennec turned one last November and Olive came to us as a tiny little 5 week old kitten just this past September! They share one litter-box that has to remain in the guest bathroom due to lack of space. Our home is a very open floor plan and we don’t have a mudroom. It’s tricky because we use that bathroom often so I am ALWAYS looking for ways to minimize litter tracking and of course, SMELL. Enter Tidy Cats Free and Clean Unscented litter! I’ve been hearing about this litter and how well it controls odor so when I saw it on sale at Target (BOGO 50% off), I knew it was time to scoop it up (no pun intended!) I even found some unique pocket knives there too!
I was immediately drawn to Tidy Cats Free and Clean Unscented litter because of the odor-absorbing activated charcoal to lock away odors and no added fragrances or dyes. So far it is working wonders on eliminating the oder that used to take over this bathroom. I am also loving that it is 99.9% dust free. I do not feel like I get a face full of dust when I pour this in the litter box! I didn’t notice any at all.
I shop at Target regularly so it’s easy for me to keep an eye out for a great sale on my favorite litter and stock up! The Tidy Cats Free and Clean Unscented litter comes in both a traditional clump (20lb, 35lb) and lightweight formula (8.5lb, 17lb). I chose the traditional clump in the 35lb container because I felt like this was the best value and would keep me from running out for quite a while! Seriously, if I can give my fellow cat owners one spring cleaning tip, it is to try out new Tidy Cats Free & Clean Unscented litter at Target!
And in case you don’t get a chance to check out the video above…
8 Ideas to Help You Make the Most of Your Spring Cleaning:
- Have a hand held vacuum on hand to quickly clean up without dragging out your large vacuum. This is especially helpful if you have cats that kick litter out of their litter-box daily!
- Find a chemical-free bathroom cleaner that works well, like Method’s Anti-bacterial Bathroom cleaner. I use this on every surface in my bathroom, including the floor! It gives me peace of mind to know that my cats aren’t walking on a floor that has been cleaned with harsh chemicals and then ingesting it when they lick their paws/clean themselves.
- Get a cleaning caddie. Finally, after years of walking up and down the stairs with an arm-full of cleaning products I have a caddie to carry everything with ease. You’d be surprised how much it helps with productivity!
- Cat owners – invest in a large litter box with a lid and a litter mat! It keeps the litter tracking down and you wont have to break out the hand held vacuum quite as often. Not to mention, it helps contain any smells.
- Cat owners – try out the new Tidy Cats Free & Clean Unscented litter! I’ve already told you all of the many, many reasons why above!
- Use a reusable microfiber cleaning cloth. It cuts WAY down on paper towel usage and I swear it cleans my surfaces and mirrors much better.
- Find a chemical free glass cleaner that you love. Mrs. Meyer’s Glass Cleaner in the Lavender scent smells amazing. I love wiping all of the windows and glass surfaces in my home down with this to give off a fresh and calming scent all over the house. Perfect for spring!
- Keep a container of Lysol wipes on hand for those extra germy cleanups! I like to make sure that I wipe down the sink and the toilet with Lysol wipes regularly. I may not be a fan of harsh chemicals, but I’m even less a fan of viruses and germs!