A Few Facts:
- In Kentucky, 1 in 9 adult women has been “forcibly raped” at sometime in her life, which totals more than 175,000 women. This estimate does not include alcohol or drug-facilitated rape, attempted rape, ‘statutory rape’ (i.e., sex with someone under age 16 without explicit force), or other forms of sexual violence.
- Almost 1 in 2 women (47%) and 19.6% of males in Kentucky are sexually victimized at some point in their lives (CDC, 2010)
- 37.5% of females and 31% of males in Kentucky have been assaulted (sexual/physical) and/or stalked by an intimate partner at some point in their lives (CDC,2010)
- Approximately 51% of female rape survivors in Kentucky are physically assaulted and/or fear that they or someone close will be killed or seriously harmed (CDC, 2010).
How Can Your Donation Help?
Donations help fund critical programs such as:
- 24-hour crisis hotline
- Comprehensive clinical services: crisis intervention, therapy, and psycho-educational groups
- Legal and medical advocacy
- Community outreach to vulnerable populations
- Violence prevention and awareness education
- Community engagement for systems change to reduce power-based personal violence
- $25 raised provides 1 hour of therapy for sexual violence survivor
- $50 raised provides legal advocate for 1 hour
- $75 raised provides 1 violence prevention education workshop
- $100 raised covers 8 hours of volunteer training
Please consider purchasing one of these shirts to benefit a great cause!
Thank You To:
- Shirt – Bluegrass Script – Designer/Sales Platform
- Shirt – Push Push Print – Screen Printing
- Video – Stella Sharpe – Videographer/Product Photographer
- Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center – Beneficiary