**This blog post may contain affiliate links. Learn more.Hey y’all! Today I’m sharing my homemade crouton recipe! Honestly, this is one of those “recipes” that seems so simple that calling it a recipe sounds laughable. Croutons are honestly a blank canvas. These croutons are your art, friends. Do you like Italian seasoned croutons? Use some Italian seasoning! Do you like garlic? Throw in some garlic powder. Go crazy and use both. I used whole wheat bread because this was a situation where we had almost an entire loaf of bread ready to expire and I went on a mission to use it. I love these croutons way more than the expensive store bought ones AND I know what exactly what is in them. To be honest, I just kind of dumped in the ingredients until it was well with my soul. I have estimated the amounts below.
Homemade Croutons Recipe:
You Will Need:
- 1 Loaf of Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 Table Spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Salt (I used coarse salt)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
- Stack up your bread and cut into cubes.
- Place cubed bread into a bowl.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over cubes while stirring, making sure to coat.
- Add in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well to make sure bread is evenly coated.
- Put bread on baking sheet making sure bread is spread out evenly on the sheet without crowding. Drizzle an additional tablespoon of olive oil evenly over bread and add any additional seasonings if you feel it is needed!
- Bake at 375 °F for about 10-15 until golden brown. Keep an eye on them as oven temps vary!