This blog post may contain affiliate links. Learn more.
I am all about vacationing where I live but a *real* get-away can be such a treat! Refreshing your wardrobe before you go makes it even better! I am headed to my favorite place soon, the beach! These are a few of the must-haves on my beach wishlist! I have been trying to pick up pieces here and there that I can mix and match easily as well as a few statement items. Unique Vintage did not disappoint! I have had my eye on this website for years because they carry all of my favorite styles but I have never actually ordered from there until now. I decided that my upcoming beach trip was a good reason to order a few things I’ve been eyeing for a little wardrobe refresh! I did not snag the shoes but I might have to!
- Retro Style Rust & Ivory Stripe Romper – Plus sizes here | Other colors: Black, Denim
- Retro Style Green & Ivory Palm Print Sheer Crop Blouse – Other Colors: Yellow, Red
- Retro Style Green & White Palm Print Tropical Skort – Other Colors: Yellow, Red
- Unique Vintage Light Blue Chambray Joyce Shorts – Plus sizes here
- White Leatherette Espadrille Wedge Sandals
- White Heart Cateye Sunglasses
Refreshing Your Wardrobe – How To Choose Items
I wanted to refresh my wardrobe a little bit before my trip. When doing this I decided on a few colors that would work well together and compliment some of the things I already own and have been wearing a lot. I purposely chose a few patterned pieces and a solid bottom so that I could easily mix and match. Here is how I thought it through:
- What is my budget and what kind of discounts can I get? I was a first-time customer so I was able to get 20% off of my order online. If I am shopping in-store I head straight for the sale wracks (usually at the back of the store.)
- How many different pieces can I get for the amount I want to spend? Look at different items that are similar and price compare to get the most for your money!
- How many different outfits can I create *only* using these key pieces? I always add several items to my cart and look for colors and patterns that can easily be put together. Then I delete anything that doesn’t work.
- What am I currently wearing the most and will any of these items help to create new outfits from the pieces I already own?
I find that thinking through this process comes very naturally to me after making the mistake of buying things on a whim that don’t go well together. Be intentional about what you purchase and you will never run out of new outfits!
Don’t Forget To Accessorize
I have always been an accessory girl! Hats, headbands, sunglasses, belts, jewelry, bags! The smallest detail can make a big impact. Fun sunglasses are my favorite accessory for the summer. I have had these heart sunglasses in red for a few years now (wearing here) and I always come back to them. They are my favorite!
I’ll be sharing more cohesive roundups like this in the future! AND I will be filming a try-on video for these items very soon!
Pin It For Later