**This blog post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.Tuesday night Nate and I got the chance to go check out BurgerFi’s new summer menu items! We met up with a big group of blogger friends to hang out and sample delicious food together. Definitely the kind of pick me up I needed at the beginning of the week! We got to try their Summer BBQ Burger, Onion Rings, Parmesan + Herb French Fries, a new signature lime soda called “Fi Lime”, AND an amazing waffle + berry custard sandwich desert. Yes, it is all as good as it sounds. The new burger is being released this week and I believe the desert will roll out in early July just in time for 4th of July festivities!…
Hi friends! Today I’d like to introduce you to my featured sponsor, Jessica of Peony! I asked her to share a little bit about her blog and a few other random things – just so you guys can get to know her a little better! Trust me, she’s pretty rad! You’ll definitely want to pop over to her blog and check her out!!
1. Tell my readers in three or four sentences a little bit about you and your blog! Peony is a little lifestyle blog and nothing more than a place for me to collect and share bits of my life as well as things that make me tick. I post about everything from daily happenings, music I’m digging, shoes I have to have, humor and sometimes even my feelings! 😉
2. Share a photo you’ve taken that stands out in your mind as one of your favorites.
This is one of my favorite photos I’ve taken because it’s the view from my room at my parent’s house. It really reminds me of, well, home and summertime. Summertime is my favorite.
3. If you could buy any piece of clothing right now what would it be?
If I could buy any piece of clothing right now it would be this vintage Dior wedding dress. I’m not one of those “can’t wait to be a bride” girls and I’m not getting married anytime soon. I just love, love, LOVE this dress. I actually never thought I’d want a wedding until I saw this dress on Pinterest.
4. How long have you been blogging and what keeps you motivated to continue blogging?
I started blogging a little over two years ago. However, all my posts up until 7 months ago are photoless due to a web album disaster that I’ve been too lazy to fix. I continue blogging for a few reasons: I love having a place to collect and share my words and photos, I love designing how my blog looks regardless of how simple and non-professional it may be and I’ve fallen in love with the blogging community… Well, most of it #hatersgonnahate.
5. What is your favorite DIY project that you’ve tried/done?
I’m not the most crafty person so my DIYs are always on the simpler side. Just recently, though, I found a stick that looks like antlers and created a faux taxidermy mount that I’m obsessed with.
6. Are there any blogs that you read without fail?
There are a few blogs I read without fail. Brissa’s blog, Half and Half, is hilarious and has me laughing every time. Brittany’s life of chartings was one of the first blogs I started reading and her cute writing style cannot be matched. And last but not least, I love (like most bloggers) A Beautiful Mess – Those girls are such an inspiration, so freakin’ creative and the whole Tremma love story is too cute for me to even handle.
7. If you could move anywhere, where would you live?
If I could move anywhere it would be somewhere with a sunny, but mild climate. I’ve always lived in Seattle and while I love the constant grey drizzle, something else would be nice for a bit. Oh, and it would have to be near the ocean. Land lock = claustrophobia.
8. Show us your pretty face!
Here’s my face, yo ^^
9. Share a recent Pinterest pin that you love.
One of my favorite pins recently is of this Vintage Jadeite Green Bradley Rhinestone Alarm Clock. It’s already sold from the Etsy shop that was selling it, but I’ve made it my life mission to find one exactly like it. Yes, my life mission.
10. Any inspiring words to leave us with?
I just want to say when it comes to blogging the best thing you can do is be unapologetically you. Not everyone is going to like it and you might get a few unfollows, but those who do like you for you will like you that much more. Oh, and laughter is the best medicine. Duh.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor please pop over to my sponsorship page and take a look at my rates! I’d love to have you! I’m only leaving my free swaps open for just a bit longer so get in on those while you can! =) I’m going to be changing up my sponsorships a bit here soon and working out the possibility of featuring monthly giveaways.
And speaking of giveaways!! Linda won the Casetagram giveaway and has been contacted! Thanks so much to everyone who entered!
Today I’m happy to share a guest post from my wonderful featured sponsor, Jessica! I have only recently discovered her blog and I am already totally hooked on her writing style and pretty pictures! Make sure to check out her blog, and all of the items on her summer must-haves list below!!
Hi, all! I’m Jessica from PEONY. I’m so excited to be here on Stephanie’s wonderful blog and to share my summer must-haves with Take Hart readers!
1. I always dress fairly simple during the summer – Basic cut-offs and tank tops or sun dresses. Fun bracelets that I can keep on are my favorite way to not feel so frumpy. This southwestern cuff from Madewell is perfect for that.
2. I used to be all about designer sunglasses, then I realized they were destined to be lost or broken by August. Now, I go for cheapies and have been loving these cat-eyes sunnies from Forever 21.
3. The sun is fantastic, but it will ruin your skin. I use this every day to keep my skin from looking like leather 20 years from now. A lot of daily moisturizers are only SPF 15, but I really sugest finding one that’s SPF 30.
4. Regardless of wether or not we have SPF on, the sun can still dry out the skin on our face like no other. Before bed and after cleansing I love to use h20 Night Oasis gel to hydrate my skin. The link I provided is to the h20 site, but I’ll let you in on a little secret… I see it at T. J. Maxx for more than half the price all the time!
5. Okay, so we’ve all heard of Rosebud Salve and most of us love it. You know what’s even better? The Rosebud Minted Lip Balm. The mint makes it feel so refreshing and it’s in a tube so no dipping your dirty finger in a tub of salve! Ew.
6. During summer I’m all about a good canvas tote. They’re great for going to the beach, pool or wherever and throwing in all of your must-haves. I’m a sucker for anything animal print, so I fell in love with the Bibliotheque Bounce Tote from ModCloth. I mean, yellow bunnies? C’mon…
7. ICED TEA! Iced tea is my go-to on hot days. I stick three of four lipton black tea bags in a pitcher of warm water and leave it in the sun all day. Once it’s done, I take out the tea bags and place it in the fridge. The tea pictured is muddled with fresh strawberries and so tasty.
8. I have naturally light hair, and even without the sun the dark dye fades from it at ridiculous speeds. Add the sun into the mix and my rich brown become a dull, terrible strawberry blonde in no time. I’m an Aveda junkie and their hair sunscreen is by far the best I’ve used. It doesn’t make it greasy and protects my color!
I hope you enjoyed this list, I’d love to hear some of your summer must-haves!
Thank you, Stephanie, for having me!
Thanks so much, Jessica, for taking care of my lovely readers while I’m away!!
As an already married gal, I’m not really in the market for a wedding ring set, but they’re still so much fun to look at! I definitely have my eye on a few of their anniversary rings for the future! I decided to customize one (pictured above on the left) and quickly realized that I don’t know a lot about customizing fine jewelry. I think it would be easy for this part to be a little overwhelming and confusing if not for the easy to follow guides that are included with each of the 3 options – metal type, carat weight, and diamond quality. There’s even a separate education center you can browse if you still feel like you need a bit more information!
I’d love to hear from you guys in the comments – what would you love to own from Anjolee.com? With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, there’s really no better time to conveniently leave your significant-other’s web-browser open to something sparkly! =)